[OSM-dev] Fail to get OsmChange for some changesets

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Tue Oct 5 08:19:41 BST 2010

Am 05.10.2010 01:49, schrieb Manchun Yao:
> I am learning how the change set works in OSM.  I assume that if I can
> apply the change sets of a particular area one by one then I can obtain
> the current osm map of that area. Is this a valid assumption?
Yes but you're not supposed to take the changesets from the api to apply
to your local database. Use the minutely or hourly files from
http://planet.osm.org for that.

There are already tools that allow this, ie osmosis [1]. See [2] for
some usage instuctions. Search the wiki to find other resources, there
are plenty of them.

Peter

[1] <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmosis>
[2] <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Minutely_Mapnik>