[OSM-dev] OSM binary format (pbf) 1.0 is in osmosis trunk.

Lennard ldp at xs4all.nl
Sat Oct 16 08:55:16 BST 2010

On 16-10-2010 8:39, Brett Henderson wrote:

> If anybody sees any issues with the binary support, please let Scott and
> I know.  I'm now building Osmosis via an automated Hudson process so
> pushing out new builds should be fairly quick once a fix is identified.

Scott already knows about this, but 23580[1] will emit a warning for
every occurence of an object without user/uid parameters. These objects,
the result of anonymous edits which were possible in the past, do exist
in the planet, and could cause some flooding on the console output. In
my eyes, this change should be reverted.

It should not influence the resulting pbf, where a missing uid is
encoded as -1 for DenseNodes.

For those of you using[2] the first release of pbf2osm, you should
update/rebuild, as there are a few fixes related to this. Without this
update, anonymous nodes will end up as something like uid="4294967296"
in the output of pbf2osm, whereas after the fix, they do no appear, as
in the original planet.

[1] http://trac.openstreetmap.org/changeset/23580
[2] Not that many yet, I think, as the few bugs I found within 5 minutes
of usage would've been reported much earlier. :-)

--
Lennard