[OSM-dev] OSM binary format (pbf) 1.0 is in osmosis trunk.

Scott Crosby scrosby at cs.rice.edu
Sat Oct 16 14:07:50 BST 2010

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 2:55 AM, Lennard <ldp at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> On 16-10-2010 8:39, Brett Henderson wrote:
>
>  If anybody sees any issues with the binary support, please let Scott and
>> I know.  I'm now building Osmosis via an automated Hudson process so
>> pushing out new builds should be fairly quick once a fix is identified.
>>

> Scott already knows about this, but 23580[1] will emit a warning for every
> occurence of an object without user/uid parameters. These objects, the
> result of anonymous edits which were possible in the past, do exist in the
> planet, and could cause some flooding on the console output. In my eyes,
> this change should be reverted.

The code warns a max of 300 times. How many anonymous-edited entities does
the planet have? Could you propose a patch where you only attention the user
if the number of entities omitting metadata exceeds twice that number of
anonymous edits in the planet?

Also, can you give me the URL for the source code for pbf2osm to check that
a few edge-cases are correctly handled?

Thanks,
Scott