[OSM-dev] OSM binary format (pbf) 1.0 is in osmosis trunk.

Scott Crosby scrosby at cs.rice.edu
Sun Oct 17 20:52:50 BST 2010

On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 2:40 PM, Greg Troxel <gdt at ir.bbn.com> wrote:

I think what's going on now is that we have a svn repo that git weenies
> don't particularly care for, and no git repo support on osm servers, and
> that people are therefore basically setting up git repos elsewhere for
> various pieces and perhaps not all that concerned about making the svn
> repo be the authoritative source.  I believe that the git-svn tools ease
> putting git commits back into svn, so it's probably just as well that
> a git user with svn access use them.

I'm sorry. I didn't intend to trigger this whole event. The only reason I
used git was for my own convenience and that I didn't feel comfortable
asking for a SVN account when I started out.

I feel the binary code belongs in OSM's authoratitive SVN repository and I
think Stefan's code should merged in with my package.

Scott