[OSM-dev] OSM binary format (pbf) 1.0 is in osmosis trunk.

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Sun Oct 17 23:27:07 BST 2010

Scott Crosby <scrosby at cs.rice.edu> writes:

> On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 2:40 PM, Greg Troxel <gdt at ir.bbn.com> wrote:
>
> I think what's going on now is that we have a svn repo that git weenies
>> don't particularly care for, and no git repo support on osm servers, and
>> that people are therefore basically setting up git repos elsewhere for
>> various pieces and perhaps not all that concerned about making the svn
>> repo be the authoritative source.  I believe that the git-svn tools ease
>> putting git commits back into svn, so it's probably just as well that
>> a git user with svn access use them.
>>

> I'm sorry. I didn't intend to trigger this whole event. The only reason I
> used git was for my own convenience and that I didn't feel comfortable
> asking for a SVN account when I started out.
>
> I feel the binary code belongs in OSM's authoratitive SVN repository and I
> think Stefan's code should merged in with my package.

No worries - this is a useful, civil discusion that I think will be
positive for OSM.  And I should apologize for being a bit overassuming
about what others have done - I meant to characterize general trends
rather than any particular person's motivation/action, and my words
didn't quite line up with that.