[OSM-dev] pbf2osm development has started [code to test!]

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Mon Oct 25 03:55:26 BST 2010

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010, Chris Browet wrote:

> Would you mind if I re-use your code to implement a pbf reader in
> Merkaartor?

Not at all, I just hope that everything that is coded now is correct, and
you are able to track 'potential' further improvements.

The current plan is also to equip mapnik with a pbf reader. (Mapnik devs
here at the Mentor Summit...) but that does require a C++ approach, which
might be beneficial for Merkaartor as well. So we could also team up
rewriting the code using the C++ protobuf for integration in Merkaartor
and Mapnik.

Stefan