[OSM-dev] pbf2osm development has started [code to test!]

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Mon Oct 25 10:15:20 BST 2010

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010, Chris Browet wrote:

>> Sure. I don't think the C -> C++ will be problematic.

It might be, because a completely different library/code generation
program is used. Anyway, I still need to look into that.

> Things that I must do for Merkaartor:
> - Take the logic out of main() - obviously. Maybe move the logic to a "bool
> process_pbf(FILE* in)" function.
> - Move the XML generation out, maybe replacing the "#define"'s by some
> function pointers (possibly #ifdef'ed to keep the standalone pbf2osm as it
> is).

I have been thinking about 'hooks' so the defines can become hooks you
replace (So somesort of ifndef way.) Or just inline functions...

> If you'd accept some related patches, it would greatly improve
> re-usability and trackability of pbm2osm...

Obviously I do ;) Just hadn't the time to integrate it yet. And busy day
a head with flying ;)

Stefan