[OSM-dev] Relation member_roles from Osmosis import

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Fri Oct 29 09:14:22 BST 2010

Common. There are many, many broken multipolygon relations. See
http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/debug.html?view=multipolygon&lon=13.04883&lat=44.58577&zoom=5

Whatever you do with OSM data you have to take into account that its not
perfect and work around that.

Jochen

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 02:48:12PM +0200, Frank Broniewski wrote:
> Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 14:48:12 +0200
> From: Frank Broniewski <brfr at metrico.lu>
> To: Jochen Topf <jochen at remote.org>
> CC: dev at openstreetmap.org
> Subject: Re: [OSM-dev] Relation member_roles from Osmosis import
>
> Hello Jochen,
>
> thanks for your answer, that makes it clear. I have another question
> about relations.
>
> I found a relation, a lake in Germany,  (id=1104680, Schweriner See
> (Außensee)), which has serveral inner relations to ways. Some of these
> ways form a closed ways, so it's easy to create a polygon from it. But
> other ways with the relation role "inner" are not closed, but they form
> together an island in the lake.
>
> Should't those form a relation of themselves before relating them to the
> lake relation with an inner relation? The ways I am speaking of are
>
> 24563810
> 70191810
> 70191809
> 70191807
>
> Luckily those ways form an island but if there would be another island
> formed by ways without relating them together it is quite difficult to
> recreate them properly. Is this situation an exception or is this a
> common situation?
>
> Frank
>

> Am 27.10.2010 11:01, schrieb Jochen Topf:
>> On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 10:39:38AM +0200, Frank Broniewski wrote:
>>> During my examinations from an OSM import (osmosis pbf to postgis) I
>>> found some strange looking entries in the relation_members table. My
>>> goal is to make (GIS) polygons from the linestrings table and therefore
>>> I examined the relations a little closer.
>>>
>>> Doing a
>>> select distinct relation_id, member_role from relation_members
>>>
>>> I find these entries in the result, which I suspect to be wrong
>>>
>>> "relation_id", "member_role"
>>> 22852;"forward_stop_0"
>>> 22852;"forward_stop_11"
>>> 22852;"forward_stop_19"