[OSM-dev] External sign-in and Potlatch embedding

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Thu Sep 2 11:19:47 BST 2010

(Sorry for not catching this one sooner, I think I was on holiday at the
time!)

Julio Costa Zambelli wrote, a couple of weeks ago:
> I am not a huge fan of Potlatch 2 in its current state of
> development. It may be really good once finished, but in my personal
> opinion right now it is not ready for real showtime. My idea is an
> embedding like the used in the Walking-Papers example.

You can of course embed Potlatch 1 exactly as it's used on Walking Papers.

However, I would really really strongly encourage you to look at Potlatch 2.
The rate of progress on it right now is very rapid; it's very possible that
the thing you dislike one week will have been fixed a week later, and if
not, you can bring it to our attention on potlatch-dev and we'll look at it.
(We're working through the wiki issues, too.)

Potlatch 2 offers so much more flexibility as a custom instance, and is
already so much more robust in many areas (e.g. undo), that it will be worth
your while talking to us (the developers) to see how we can make it work for
you.

cheers
Richard