[OSM-dev] External sign-in and Potlatch embedding

Thu Sep 2 16:38:03 BST 2010

Julio Costa Zambelli wrote:

> Thanks for your answer Richard, I already have been half convinced by
> Andy to use P2. I sent him some comments about what I do not like ;)

Thank you - yes, Andy has passed them on. We've fixed two of them now. :)

> Do you have any documentation published about the installation of P2
> in any given site? What kind of programing skills (AS3, Ruby, Python,
> etc.) are needed to do it?

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Potlatch_2/Deploying_Potlatch_2

should be what you need. You don't need any programming skills to
deploy a custom instance - it's all XML and MapCSS config files, plus
a few parameters you pass through from the embedding HTML page via
JavaScript. The config files aren't fully documented yet but we're
getting there.

cheers
Richard