[OSM-dev] pbf2osm development has started

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Fri Sep 24 08:31:55 BST 2010

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 12:05:43AM +0200, Stefan de Konink wrote:
> As annouced some days ago I would start with the development if nobody
> stepped up before Friday. Nobody did, so I will do so.
>
> Language of constraint is C, we will most likely not use any external
> dependancies. So porting to different platforms including Windows should
> be trivial.

Just as a thought - are you encapsulating the PBF reading somehow as
a small lib? It might be great for other PBF consumers to simple
use a library to read and get "callbacks" for nodes, ways, relations etc
and not individually care on reading the PBF itself.

And C would have been my preferred choice anyway ;)

Flo