[OSM-dev] srtm2osm stops after hours with file not found

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 19:28:09 BST 2010

Is there a known bug in srtm2osm? I have tried 2 times to get contours
for Italy (10m distance) and both times the process stopped after
hours at exactly the same point (~12 GB =12884901887 Bytes for the
srtm.osm). The beginning of the created srtm.osm was OK, tail showed
that the end is not OK (ended with nodes), the contours were processed
until 860m (and below). The error was "file srtm.osm not found" (or
similar wording). Could this be a limitation of the filesystem? I use
ext4. There is plenty of free disc space.

Has someone an idea what happened?

Cheers,
Martin