[OSM-dev] Completeness of the country dumps

Igor Brejc igor.brejc at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 12:42:55 BST 2010

The similar issue is with coastlines in these extracts. Geofabrik's extracts
only contain the coastline within country's borders , which makes it
difficult to render the sea using renderers like Maperitive. A better
solution would be use the bounding box of the country as the criteria for
including the coastline.

http://maperitive.net/docs/manual/Rendering_Coastlines_And_Sea.html

Igor