[OSM-dev] Using osmosis to generate a full-planet.osm file

Eric Wolf ebwolf at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 18:14:10 BST 2011

I assume osmosis is used to generate the full-planet.osm file. I want to
generate a similar file from my OSM server. What is the proper set of
parameters to do this?

I've tried this with a failure:

osmosis --read-apidb-change validateSchemaVersion=no host="localhost"
database="openstreetmap" user="XXXXX" password="XXXXX" readFullHistory=yes
readAllUsers=yes --write-xml file="~/test.osm"

Maybe I'm just being lazy or maybe I'm not used to the command line
parameters for osmosis... But I want to ensure that I'm generate the file
the same as full-planet because I want to test my scripts against my smaller
full-planet before turning it loose on the 400GB+ monster.

-Eric