[OSM-dev] Extracting just national boundaries

Igor Podolskiy igor.podolskiy at vwi-stuttgart.de
Fri Aug 5 14:55:55 BST 2011

Hi,
>> But as far as I understand, those
>> relations will have other relations as their members. If these other
>> relations do *not* have the above mentioned tags, they will *not* be in the
>> output file (but they should).
hmm, I don't really know about member relation inclusion - and there's
no --used-relations task in Osmosis. Maybe that's a bug and should be
fixed... or at least investigated :)

Speaking of investigation: I did quite a bit of work with boundary
relations of Germany and I never encountered a problem with member
relations - simply because I didn't encounter this situation. Do you
have a specific example where it doesn't work so I could take a look at
it? At the very least, a country name whose boundaries you don't get
because of this, or a relation ID, or something like that?

Greetings from Stuttgart,
Igor