[OSM-dev] Problem with duplicate keys

Adrian Chapela achapela.rexistros at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 11:26:37 BST 2011

En 11/08/11 12:06, marqqs at gmx.eu escribiu:
>> Ok, so I could extract my areas from a planet.osm with osmosis  but how
>> could I extract from planet osm Dominican Republic and Russia ? and then
>> how could I apply diffs ? Now I am downloading the extracts from the
>> countries and then I am getting differences with osmosis to finally
>> apply with osm2pgsql. Could I do the same applying planet diffs to a
>> extract ? I am not sure about that.
> What you certainly need are border polygons of these two regions.
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmosis/Polygon_Filter_File_Format
>
> After having applied .osc files you will want to clip the resulting .osm file again. There is no sense in clipping .osc files because they do not necessarily supply geo-coordinates for all containing ways and relations, hence you need to update the .osm file first and clip it afterwards.
>
> As far as I know, osm2pgsql is able to limit a region, but I think the program cannot process .poly files.
>
> There are different ways to update an .osm file. Most people use the standard too Osmosis for this purpose and are very happy with this solution.
> I chose to write and use osmconvert, it's much faster but has some other disadvantages.
>
> You will find some howtos in the OSM Wiki.
> "Howto minutely hstore",
> "Daily_update_an_OSM_XML_file"
> etc.
I will read all of this howtos to have a clear mind! I am doing my own
osc after comparing old OSM imported with new one and then I am applying
osc diff to my postgresql database with osm2pgsql. I was very happy with
this process it seems to run very well but the other day it fails and
some country dissappear after another version of osm file it had
appeared again. This is the reason why I am looking for a more safely
version of update process.