[OSM-dev] Ways

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Aug 11 18:12:56 BST 2011

Hi,

On 08/11/2011 07:07 PM, ant wrote:
> The reason why it bothers me is that I feel my program should deal with
> these cases. So the technical part of my question is: How does the API
> handle it? Which of the above should I expect to be found in the planet
> file, which not?

To the API, a way is something abstract that refers at least two nodes.
What these are, and where they are, is of no concern to the API, so if I
am not totally mistaken, all of your cases could be present in the database.

It used to be possible to have ways with less than 2 nodes also but I
think that is not the case any more.

Bye
Frederik