[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql: parse-xml2.c:100: StartElement: Assertion `xlon' failed.

Jonas Häggqvist rasher at rasher.dk
Fri Aug 12 01:51:03 BST 2011

On 31-05-2011 00:25, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> marqqs at gmx.eu wrote:
>> osm2pgsql persists on getting coordinates (lon/lat) even when it
>> reads an .osc file and the OSM object in question is to delete.
>
> Which software generates .osc files that do *not* have lon/lat attributes
> on nodes to be deleted?
>
>> My question: Does osm2pgsql really need the coordinates of an object
>> which is to delete anyway?
>
> No.

Well. Maybe. This changed caused nodes to not be deleted from my database,
since I was applying a bbox the change was getting discarded since the
bbox check failed.

So either the lon/lat *is* needed, or the bbox check should be skipped for
the delete action. Someone with more smarts than me should decide which
option is smarter.

This optimisation/problem does not exist in the 64-bit branch that got
promoted to the current version recently.

--
Jonas Häggqvist
rasher(at)rasher(dot)dk