[OSM-dev] Automatic Map Plotting in OpenStreetMap

Parveen Arora mail at parveenarora.in
Sun Aug 14 10:02:14 BST 2011

Hello All,

Please see the my city map of jalandhar on the openstreetmap.org
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=31.2841&lon=75.5262&zoom=12&layers=M

I know there was nothing much just a few days back, and no one can map so
much of data in very short time.
Same is I noticed for other cities also that how they are mapped automatically.

According to me there must be  some technique like Image Processing
for doing this due to which it has been possible.

Do anyone know how it has been possible or how it can be?
Please let me know.

If this is possible this is going to be a drastic change in the data
of openstreetmap which is very good sign of opestreetmap improvements.

--
Parveen Arora
www.parveenarora.in
E-Mail: mail at parveenarora.in