[OSM-dev] Nominatim installation "Please use a database without intarray"

Philippe DAVID philippe.david at allgoob.com
Tue Aug 16 09:06:14 BST 2011

Hi devs,
I'm trying to setup a nominatim instance by folowing the instructions from
the wiki http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Nominatim/Installation

When I launch osm2pgsql, it complains about the 'intarray' module begin
loaded. I am a complete posgresql begginer (although fluent with mysql) so I
tried to google about this but I found nothing conclusive.
I would welcome some help about this :)

Here is the complete message. I work on ubuntu 11.04, postgresql 8.4 stock
install:
###############
$ svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/utils/export/osm2pgsql/osm2pgsql -lsc
-O gazetteer -C 2000 -d gazetteer france.osm
osm2pgsql SVN version 0.80.0 (32bit id space)

Using projection SRS 4326 (Latlong)
NOTICE:  la table « place » n'existe pas, poursuite du traitement
NOTICE:  le type « keyvalue » n'existe pas, poursuite du traitement
NOTICE:  le type « wordscore » n'existe pas, poursuite du traitement
NOTICE:  le type « stringlanguagetype » n'existe pas, poursuite du
traitement
NOTICE:  le type « keyvaluetype » n'existe pas, poursuite du traitement
NOTICE:  la fonction get_connected_ways(pg_catalog.int4[]) n'existe pas,
poursuite du traitement
Mid: pgsql, scale=10000000, cache=2000MB, maxblocks=256001*8192
Setting up table: planet_osm_nodes

The target database has the intarray contrib module loaded.
While required for earlier versions of osm2pgsql, intarray
is now unnecessary and will interfere with osm2pgsql's array
handling. Please use a database without intarray.

Error occurred, cleaning up

Thanks,
Philippe