[OSM-dev] WMSC - bachelor thesis

MRHarmonie at gmx.de MRHarmonie at gmx.de
Wed Aug 17 19:01:38 BST 2011

all in all.

wms is more flexible then wmsc. but nobody is using wmsc because of the standard wmts and tms?

but what is the difference between wmts and wmsc - they do the same, dont they? both deliver tiles ... its a kind of weird for me :)

Is TMS the same like my mapnik-tirex-based tile server or is it more like wms with requests via url... i mean do i make the same getcapabilities-stuff with wmts and tms?

I think i have to use the geowebcache and mapproxy software.
I need to set up a tiled wms filled with a osm database but the whole standard non-standard webmapservices are confusing me.

I welcome your help. thanks a lot