[OSM-dev] How to check for database updates after minutely Mapnik Installation?

Parveen Arora mail at parveenarora.in
Fri Aug 19 13:10:15 BST 2011

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 5:10 PM, Peter Körner <osm-lists at mazdermind.de> wrote:
> Well, the obvious think may be: change sth. in your area and check it gets
> distributed to your database. You may also open one of the latest osc files
> on planet.osm.org and take a look if is reflected in your database.
Is there any query to check the latest changes in the database?

> You can instruct osm2pgsql to create a so-called dirty-tile-list which then
What is the meaning of dirty tiles this term always confuses me.

> gets fed to another tool that modifies the mtime of the tiles on disk.
Which tool will do this work?

> mod_tile sends tiles that have been modified like this to tirex where they
> get re-rendered.
Actually I am making a package to install OSM Tile Server
automatically in which I have not included tirex.
So Can I do that without using tirex or I need to include it and use it?

> If your tileset is small, you may go another route.
means something like to write a script and put that in corn for
automatic updates.

Thank You.

--
Parveen Arora