[OSM-dev] How to check for database updates after minutely Mapnik Installation?

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Fri Aug 19 12:40:12 BST 2011

Am 19.08.2011 13:29, schrieb Parveen Arora:
> Hello All,
>
> I have installed minutely mapnik which I think is working and updating
> database of postgresql.
> But can anyone help me in checking that
> How to check the last and latest updates in the database, and when and
> what changes has been made last time.

Well, the obvious think may be: change sth. in your area and check it
gets distributed to your database. You may also open one of the latest
osc files on planet.osm.org and take a look if is reflected in your
database.

> also minutely mapnik is updating the database, I have installed OSM
> Tile Server but I am not using mod_tile or tirex.
>
> So I want to know how tiles will be generated automatically.?

Well, they won't.

You can instruct osm2pgsql to create a so-called dirty-tile-list which
then gets fed to another tool that modifies the mtime of the tiles on
disk. mod_tile sends tiles that have been modified like this to tirex
where they get re-rendered.

If your tileset is small, you may go another route.

Peter