[OSM-dev] Mapnik, shared object issue

marqqs at gmx.eu marqqs at gmx.eu
Mon Aug 22 13:09:53 BST 2011

Hi,

last time I installed Mapnik everything went fine. This time there is a problem I have not been able to solve. If anybody knows what to do, please help...

When I try to render tiles, the script throws an exception in one of the first lines:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./mapnik_tile.py", line 13, in <module>
    import mapnik
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/mapnik/__init__.py", line 53, in <module>
    from _mapnik import *
ImportError: libmapnik.so.0.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The same script ran smoothly on the previous installation. What should I do?

Markus