[OSM-dev] OSMF Engineering Working Group inauguration

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Mon Aug 22 11:36:21 BST 2011

Hi Matt,

Just wanted to mention I'm interested in helping.  Sadly I am
unavailable today, though normally I would be at the time selected.

Couple thoughts I have about the rough agenda:

* Barriers for entry for getting started:

People seem to have issues getting the rails port working.  Perhaps
creation of VM with development environment?  That would allow those
who maybe can just do JavaScript and CSS still to contribute
something.

Documentation (this of course depends on the specific project).  Are
there holes in the documentation that could be improved?

* Small Projects that are mentored to get developers started:

I don't have any great ideas about this.  I don't actively contribute
to any of the main OSM projects by actually coding, though I'm willing
to help mentor if there is a way that makes sense.  Are there
individuals who come in and want to contribute code and don't map that
need basic OSM mentoring?

Thanks!

-Kate