[OSM-dev] e-control.at (Spritpreisdatenbank) <-> Nominatim

Brian Quinion openstreetmap at brian.quinion.co.uk
Mon Aug 22 13:17:16 BST 2011

Andreas,

They have indeed been blocked - something I never thought we'd have to
do with MQ sponsoring the hardware.

They were putting through around 250 search requests per SECOND using
what looks like a broken autocomplete implementation.

I had to take emergency action to restore the service.

I'd be grateful if you could pass this on to your contact at
e-control.at - once they have fixed their problems I'll happily remove
the block.

Cheers,
--
 Brian