[OSM-dev] OSM on BlackBerry

Matthias Meisser digi_c at arcor.de
Wed Aug 24 19:48:56 BST 2011

hi Christian, welcome to OSM :)
Am Mittwoch, den 24.08.2011, 10:51 +0200 schrieb Christian Anger:

> Our product is a very successful sports assistant app on the
> BlackBerry platform. Since we are currently trying to improve our
> app's map representation and BlackBerry Maps causes some problems, we
> consider to switch to OSM.
Great! But please have a look at the license and at the tile usage
policy:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Legal_FAQ
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tile_usage_policy

> However, we couldn't find a lot of supporting material for the
> BlackBerry platform and I therefore would be glad if you could give me
> some information on OSM support for the BlackBerry platform.
> Does there exist a library that can be used for OSM on BlackBerry?
> Where can we find source code samples or general information on how to
> use OSM on BlackBerry?
Well a list of the most components is at this ppage:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Develop/Frameworks
But there is no Blackberry widget. Maybe you wan't to release a free
one?

bye
Matthias