[OSM-dev] Proposal for OpenMetaMap - proper OSM import solution

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 22:44:15 BST 2011

Hi Jukka

Given a WFS can also output OSM format, there is not necessarily an
additional component needed.

The concept of GML contains two features among others: It is based on
a user defined schema and it allows user defined response data formats
(where GML is mandatory).

Being based on a user defined schema means that somebody needs to
configure a mapping to the OSM format. OSM has some mandatory
attributes like an id, a user_id and a version number. Allowing user
defined response data formats means that OSM XML could be such an
alternate format.

See our POI-Service (temporary and prototype) for such a WFS
implementation: http://152.96.56.32/poiservice/

Yours, Stefan