[OSM-dev] mapnik-0.7.1 not enough for open MapQuest styles?

Dane Springmeyer dane at dbsgeo.com
Mon Aug 29 23:12:29 BST 2011

Michael,

Yes Mapnik 2.0.0 or greater is required for the MapQuest styles, and windows binaries are planned for Mapnik 2.x in the future, but this is still at least several months away:

http://mapnik.org/news/2011/jul/17/gsoc_windows_build_system_halfway/

So, for now I'd recommend getting a hold of linux if possible where you can install mapnik2 like from launchpad: https://launchpad.net/~mapnik/+archive/nightly-trunk

Dane