[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql slow slim import

sylvain letuffe liste at letuffe.org
Thu Dec 1 01:19:28 GMT 2011

> Hello,

Hi,

sorry, no solutions ;-( but I ran into the exact same trouble

> rev26892: import time ~1min
>rev26893: import time ~22min (the phase "going over pending ways" went
>at rate 0.11k/s)

Nice catch.
revision 26892 ran that phase for the same extract at 6.36k/s instead of
0.14k/s

>I've got installed:
>postgresql-9.1.1
>postgis-1.5.3
>geos-3.2.2

Same here, not helping to find if it's postgresql related

However, interestingly, I have access to another server with the same
postgresql/postgis version which does not exibit the problem (I copied the
osm2pgsql binary to be sure)

I'll check if I can find the config diff to explain that

But thanks for finding the unaffected osm2pgsql version ;-)

--
sly