[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql slow slim import

Kai Krueger kakrueger at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 02:28:29 GMT 2011

sylvain letuffe wrote

> Nice catch.
> revision 26892 ran that phase for the same extract at 6.36k/s instead of
> 0.14k/s

6.4k/s is much more what I would expect from such a small extract. So yes
something is wrong there, but I haven't seen that behavior before and I
can't currently reproduce it.

Can you try if using the switch --number-processes=1? That should disable
any parallelisation and make it more or less the same as before. (Although
there is a slight difference in transaction handling)

Otherwise, can you check if you are getting 100% hit ratio from the node
cache?

sylvain letuffe wrote