[OSM-dev] Integrate Mapnik 2.0.0 with svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/rendering/mapnik/

Oon Arfiandwi robot at ijo.me
Tue Dec 13 13:49:53 GMT 2011

Hi everyone,

My name is Oon Arfiandwi from Indonesia,
and I'm new on how to using Mapnik.
here's my reference http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mapnik

Is there any success to build the new Mapnik 2.0.0
with the http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/rendering/mapnik/ rev 27224?

After struggling with the new syntax of Mapnik2:
<TextSymbolizer>[label]</TextSymbolizer>
A lots of change must be applied on the osm.xml and *.xml.inc

And now, I'm on the last state, got error while try to generate image:
./generate_image.py

any idea how to solve the authentication problem like this?
(the inc/datasource-settings.xml.inc is already set-up and no problem)
-----
[osm at map mapnik]$ ./generate_image.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./generate_image.py", line 42, in <module>
    mapnik.load_map(m,mapfile)
RuntimeError: :
FATAL:  Ident authentication failed for user "osm" (encountered during
parsing of layer 'landcover' in map 'osm.xml')
[osm at map mapnik]$ psql -U osm gis
psql (8.4.9)
Type "help" for help.

gis=# \q
-----

how to find information about the generate_image.py arguments?
is there any new version of
http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/rendering/mapnik/
that will be magically comply with the Mapnik2?

thank you for any help.

--
sincerely,
Oon Arfiandwi