[OSM-dev] speeding up loading an OSM dump into PostGIS?

sly (sylvain letuffe) liste at letuffe.org
Thu Dec 15 13:00:11 GMT 2011

Re-Hi,

> > Exemples of bad requests are :
> > http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/relation/1403916/full
>
> That looks like something I need to investigate. My guess is that it is
> hitting the timeout but it should be reporting that better.

I guess you guessed it well, there is just "too much" (to the extent of
what "too" means in this case) data in this relation, and the /full calls
push it to hit a well placed timeout

> Well that's not an error, it's a deliberate limitation of the API.
(...)
> Again that is a deliberation limitation of the API to converse resources
> and share them fairly.

I did not mentionne anywhere those were errors.

I do know it is intentional, I stated it in my previous email.
What I'm discussing and exploring is the possible existence of improvement to
satisfy currently "bad requests" still usefull in the mapper's editing
process.

--
sly
qui suis-je : http://sly.letuffe.org