[OSM-dev] speeding up loading an OSM dump into PostGIS?

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Dec 15 12:48:51 GMT 2011

On 15/12/11 12:32, sly (sylvain letuffe) wrote:

> Exemples of bad requests are :
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/relation/1403916/full

That looks like something I need to investigate. My guess is that it is
hitting the timeout but it should be reporting that better.

> http://api.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/map?bbox=2.253,48.8145507,2.430,48.901

Well that's not an error, it's a deliberate limitation of the API.

> And more globaly any request that requests a lot of data
>
> Other, more subtle "bad requests" due to what seams collateral damage like :
> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/dev/2011-December/023945.html

Again that is a deliberation limitation of the API to converse resources
and share them fairly.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)