[OSM-dev] Nominatim (npi / osm)?

Nonmaskable Interrupt nmi8080 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 21:31:09 GMT 2011

Hello!

I am doing some development and experimentation with nominatim and am
confused by what is the best  path forward with creating/searching
nominatim databases

One seems to be NPI (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Nominatim/Structured)
and the other is via osm2pgsql/gazetteer (
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Nominatim)

In some ways the two different software distributions referenced in those
discussions do not seem to conflict, but in others they do -- e.g.
conflicting documentation, database/table names, shared objects etc.  I've
looked for an active discussion to explain the situation, but can't seem to
find anything.

Thanks.