[OSM-dev] problem with osmosis to apply changeset to postgresql db

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Dec 19 07:47:33 GMT 2011

Hi,

On 12/19/2011 06:23 AM, Oon Arfiandwi wrote:
> Any explation how I can update my database without creating changeset? (And without any downtime)
> Did you mean I have to drop the database/tables that consist of the 10 December data then reinsert all data from the 17 December file?

Yes. If you want to avoid downtime then you can create a new database,
import into that while the old is running, and then drop the old and
rename the new. That gives you a very short downtime. You can even do it
without *any* downtime by using the pgbouncer utility if you have that
requirement.

Bye
Frederik