[OSM-dev] problem with osmosis to apply changeset to postgresql db

Oon Arfiandwi robot at ijo.me
Mon Dec 26 21:10:55 GMT 2011

Hi brett,

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 5:04 AM, Brett Henderson <brett at bretth.com> wrote:
> On 20 December 2011 03:14, Oon Arfiandwi <robot at ijo.me> wrote:
>>
>> I just try to apply osmosis command below,
>> the problem is: "Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR:
>> relation "schema_migrations" does not exist"
>>
>> I read a solution about schema_migrations relation here:
>> http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=7396
>>
>> then I change the command to:
>> osmosis --read-xml-change file="asiadiff.osc" --write-pgsql-change
>> database="gis" user="osm" password="x" host="localhost"
>> or
>> osmosis --read-xml-change file="asiadiff.osc" --write-pgsimp-change
>> database="gis" user="osm" password="x" host="localhost"
>>
>> but still no luck,
>> I got another exception: "org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR:
>> relation "schema_info" does not exist"
>>

>> any other references?
>

> How have you created your database?  Specifically, which scripts did you use
> to create the database tables?  The OpenStreetMap project has a number of
> different incompatible schemas using PostgreSQL PostGIS extensions all
> optimised for different purposes.
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/List_of_Database_Schemas

I created database using osm2pgsql, here's the command:

./osm2pgsql -S default.style --slim -d gis -C 1024
--number-processes=1 --cache-strategy=dense asia.osm.bz2

how can I update the database which previously created by osm2pgsql?
any reference?

> If you wish to use the pgsql tasks in Osmosis you will need to use the
> pgsnapshot_*.sql scripts from the scripts directory of the Osmosis
> distribution.  More details are available here:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmosis/Detailed_Usage#PostGIS_Tasks_.28Snapshot_Schema.29

or should I drop the existing database,
and setup the new one by following
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmosis_PostGIS_Setup ?
so next time I can update my database using Osmosis?

thank you for any help.

--
sincerely,
Oon Arfiandwi