[OSM-dev] How did Mapquest do the localized rendering schemes?

Stephan Knauss osm at stephans-server.de
Tue Dec 27 18:38:12 GMT 2011

On 27.12.2011 12:05, ikonor wrote:
> I don't know about the rendering process, but the Mapnik styles are
> available at Github [1] and there are three different styles for US, UK
> and EU.

Thanks for the pointer to the styles. Any Idea how they determine which
style to use for which geometry?
I did not see anything that looks like a way to select the one style or
the other based on the geographic location.

Can you do the location check while rendering or would it be a
preprocessing step during import? I did not see an additional "region"
column so no idea how the selection was done.

Stephan