[OSM-dev] OSM-in-a-box, doubts

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 10:01:31 GMT 2011

Hi Juan

I hope we could help you to manage 7 daily updates for the whole world.

There are several possible bottlenecks:
* Updating and maintaining a region needs eventually the API because
diffs assume that whole planet data is stored at the mirror (which
exactly what we don't want when maintaining a region). And there is no
fast API - there it's not even one available.
* While initial import disks seem to be bottlenecks
* While indexing and updating, it's perhaps CPU or memory.

Pls. keep in touch about your experiences with OSM-in-a-box.

Yours, S.