[OSM-dev] Xapi-servlet deployement in Tomcat

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Tue Feb 1 10:05:53 GMT 2011

Tomcat should allow file-based deployment.  It should be as simple as
copying the war file into the webapps directory.  It will end up with a
context root that matches the war filename (minus .war).

Different app servers usually provide ways to override the default context
root via embedding app server specific files into the deployment archive (at
least full JEE servers such as jboss, websphere, and glassfish do), but I
can't remember how to do that with Tomcat.  In most cases just renaming the
war prior to deployment is the simplest solution.