[OSM-dev] Find way with tag containing a carriage return x0D

Robert Whittaker (OSM) robert.whittaker+osm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 12:54:39 GMT 2011

While looking for tagging errors in taginfo, I came across the following:
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.de/tags/designation=restricted%20byway%0D#wiki

It seems to indicate a way that's been tagged with a value then ends
in a carriage return character, with Hex code "0D". The link given by
taginfo to the XAPI search for this way is
http://www.informationfreeway.org/api/0.6/*%5Bdesignation%3Drestricted+byway%0D%5D

I think this link is correct, but the XAPI doesn't find the way. I get
the standard header confirming the search performed, but the results
section is empty.

Presumably this is a bug/feature of the XAPI. But presently I'm more
interested in just finding the way in question so the tagging can be
fixed. Does anyone know how I could find the way, or better still find
it for me? (Presumably one could download the whole planet file and
search that manually, but that's not something I have the technical
resources to do myself.)

I also wonder if there are any other objects in the OSM database with
control characters in their tags? It would be great if someone could
do a report of such objects with links to edit them...

Robert.

--
Robert Whittaker