[OSM-dev] oauth fails after upgrade

Stephan Knauss osm at stephans-server.de
Mon Feb 14 08:20:54 GMT 2011

On 14.02.2011 06:45, Tom Hughes wrote:
> On 14/02/11 10:47, Stephan Knauss wrote:
>> upgrading to debian squeeze forced me to upgrade php oauth to PECL 1.1.0
>> oauth
> Did that upgrade perhaps cause you to switch fro OAuth 1.0 to 1.0a?
I think not. The changelog from 0.99.99 to 1.1.0 does not list anything
in that area.

>> After the upgrade my oauth setup stopped working. While it had no
>> problems to authenticate and read users preferences it fails creating
>> changesets:
> That seems odd - if you can do one thing you should be able to do
> everything your token is authorised for.

The token is authorized for editing. The error would be a different one.
In noticed during my experiments because I hat to create a new token
able to read presets.

I just wonder: Why does the string in the error message start with GET?
[sbs] => GET&http%3A%2F

I'm telling it to PUT: $ret = $oauth->fetch("$api_url/changeset/create",
$changesetRequest, OAUTH_HTTP_METHOD_PUT  );

Is this a display problem with the lib's error reporting or a hint to
the problem?

Can I be sure the API would have responded with 405 if the method was wrong?

It could be related to this changelog: "- Added php streams support
(libcurl is no longer required)"

Stephan