[OSM-dev] oauth fails after upgrade

Stephan Knauss osm at stephans-server.de
Mon Feb 14 21:29:39 GMT 2011

On 14.02.2011 09:20, Stephan Knauss wrote:

I managed to resolve the issue. The behavior of the lib changed from
0.99.9 to 1.1.0

> I just wonder: Why does the string in the error message start with GET?
> [sbs] => GET&http%3A%2F
>
> I'm telling it to PUT: $ret = $oauth->fetch("$api_url/changeset/create",
> $changesetRequest, OAUTH_HTTP_METHOD_PUT );

With OAUTH_AUTH_TYPE_URI set it is no longer possible to specify the
http method to use in the request.

It ignored the "PUT" and issued a "GET".

I wonder why the api did not return a 405. This could have helped
tracking down the issue faster.
changeset/close did return a 405.

Hope this helps others facing the same problem. I try to clarify with
the lib developers whether this behavior is a bug or some documentation
is missing.

Stephan