[OSM-dev] osmosis too slow to write a changes file to a postgis DB?

IgnacioZ zignacio at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 15:01:29 GMT 2011

Hi, I am currently running osmosis to update a postgis osm simple schema
(with linestring and bbox in ways) using a change file. I am using pv to see
the throughput and it shows it is being parsed at 4Kb/s.

I'm running on an i7 920 server with 12GB Ram and a 7200RPM disk.

This is a 5GB file so it will take too long to parse... Is that speed what
is expected with my system configuration? Is there any way to make it
faster?

Thanks!
Ignacio.