[OSM-dev] osm2spatialite!

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Feb 17 07:58:23 GMT 2011

Daniel,

On 02/17/11 02:57, Daniel Sabo wrote:
> I did find a version of spatialite that supported build area after I
> had written the multipolygon code, but I've decided to keep the code
> in osm2spatialite because it does a much better job of generating
> valid multipolygons that BuildArea can (because BuildArea doesn't
> have a concept of the inner and outer roles).

Can you elaborate on how having "inner" and "outer" roles helps one in
building a valid geometry?

Reason I'm asking is that in all the code where *I* generate geometries
from multipolygon relations, I explicitly ignore the role because using
the role would actually lead to more, not less, invalid multipolygons.

Bye
Frederik