[OSM-dev] Multipolygon processing (was: osm2spatialite!)

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at latuviitta.fi
Fri Feb 18 09:16:32 GMT 2011

Frederik Ramm wrote:

> Also see comment on line 611ff where it will emit extra polygons for
tagged inner rings - i.e. one multipolygon relation might yield more
than one polygon feature on output.

> All this is probably only halfway there. I'd be very interested in ideas
how to fix broken multipolygons. There is some code there (line 117ff
tries to repair self-intersections and 343ff tries to fill gaps in
rings) but still OSM users come up with ever more invalid polygons ;)

Hi,

Once you have found a perfect solution, how about placing it somewhere in
front of the OSM database instead? Wouldn't it be better to prevent OSM
users from inserting invalid multipolygons than try to fix them temporary
every time they are used?

-Jukka Rahkonen-