[OSM-dev] A problem with the XAPI redirector?

Graham Jones grahamjones139 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 17:07:41 GMT 2011

I am having a bit of trouble using the informationfreeway.org service to
select which xapi instance to send requests to.  I get the following wget
response:

http://www.informationfreeway.org/api/0.6/map?bbox=24.095000,56.942700,24.121949,56.957397
Resolving www.informationfreeway.org... 80.68.90.42
Connecting to www.informationfreeway.org|80.68.90.42|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found
Location:
http://xapi.openstreetmap.or/api/0.6/map?bbox=24.095000,56.942700,24.121949,56.957397[following]
--2011-02-19 17:04:05--
http://xapi.openstreetmap.or/api/0.6/map?bbox=24.095000,56.942700,24.121949,56.957397
Resolving xapi.openstreetmap.or... failed: Name or service not known.
wget: unable to resolve host address `xapi.openstreetmap.or'

It looks like the informationfreeway service is sending an incomplete url
(.or rather than .org).  This seems to be an intermittent fault because I
have seen it before, and trying a few times solves it - Any ideas?

Regards

Graham.

--
Graham Jones