[OSM-dev] open source mapping with polygons?

nittyG nittyjee at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 20:06:01 GMT 2011

Kate,

That was incredible!!
I simply added in IssueMap:

State          |   Number
Iowa           |   1
Illinois         |   2
Minnesota    |   3
Kansas        |   4

And I got this:
http://issuemap.org/maps/37bafe-number-by-state

Fantastic!!

I would like to use the APIs to help integrate features, if possible.
- I would love it if, for example, there could be a map for global
population density, and an "edit" button where people could add the info in
a wiki-spreadsheet of some kind.
- Also, more complicated, I would love to help create a platform where
people could create polygons, like you can with Openstreetmap. I'm sure that
there are open desktop applications where you can do this separately, but it
would be great to integrate them in a wiki-like platform once again. I'm
thinking to simply continue the map I created of Non-Native nations of North
America (~1700 to present).

Is all of what FortiusOne does open source? Can I simply start developing
things and integrating them using what you've created?

Thanks,
Nitin