[OSM-dev] Is There Any Other Java Toolkit for OSM File Processing except Osmosis?

Zhijie Shen zjshen14 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 05:37:23 GMT 2011

Hi Matthias,

The name of our research project is called geo-referenced video search.
Nowadays, increasingly more videos are captured with with some
camera-equipped mobile phones. These smart phones always have a number of
sensors like GPS, compass, accelerometer and etc. In order to facilitate
video search, we embed the geo-information collected with these sensors into
videos, so that it is easier and more accurate to answer some queries like
where the video is collected and what it shows, especially for the tourism
videos. This is a on-going project. Previously, our experimental prototype
was build based on Google Map. But recently, I come up an idea to improve
the way to probe video content with geo-information, which requires more
sophisticated geo-data manipulation than what Google Map can provides.
Therefore, I resort to OpenStreeMap, where I have more freedom to access and
process geo-data. I'm sorry that I cannot provide more detail about the
newest development, because it is paper-oriented work, and we need to keep
it confidential before publication.

For more information about this project, you can visit our website:
http://www.geovid.org/. BTW, it's a pity that I'm still not on the people
list because I've just moved from another research project here:-S

Regards,
Zhijie

--
Zhijie Shen