[OSM-dev] Some Questions about the Collaboration of OpenStreetMap and Wikipedia

Matthias Meißer digi_c at arcor.de
Thu Feb 24 17:34:07 GMT 2011

Hi Zihje.

the colloboration between OSM and WP is bidirectional

OSM->WP
Is as you guessed  by wikipedia=my article (including namespace
variants) and of course this can be extracted and visualised e.g.
http://olm.openstreetmap.de
http://openstreetmap.pl/wp/

WP->OSM
On WP the most articles are geotagged so it's quite easy to present it
on top of what ever GIS component like the service you mentioned. So
this is completely independend from our tagging in OSM.

hope this was helpful
Matthias